A man had alcohol and marijuana in his system when he was killed in a Sheboygan car accident, authorities said Monday.
According to officials with the Ozaukee County Sheriff’s Department, a toxicology report revealed that 38 year-old Jason Yurk had a blood alcohol level of 0.22 percent when he crashed at high speed on April 9. Yurk was traveling southbound on Interstate 43 near Port Washington when his vehicle left the roadway.
Yurk and a passenger, 40 year-old Sheboygan-resident Scott Combs, were thrown from the vehicle. Combs suffered head and internal injuries and was transported by Flight For Life to an area hospital for treatment. Yurk was pronounced dead at the scene of the accident.
According to Sheriff’s Captain David Guss, the investigation was closed after the department became aware of the toxicology report. He previously said officers at the scene smelled intoxicants on both Yurk and Combs.
Investigators were initially unsure who was driving the vehicles, but Guss said he is now confident it was Yurk, based on his injuries, the discovery of his blood on the driver’s side door, the fact that it was his car, and reports from witnesses that he was driving when the car was last seen.
Our thoughts and prayers are with the victims’ families and friends during this difficult time.
- Auto Accidents (14)
- auto defect lawyers (1)
- Auto defects (19)
- Car Accident (6)
- car accident attorneys (5)
- car accident lawyers (5)
- driving in heavy traffic (1)
- Drunk Driving Accident (15)
- DUI (2)
- motor vehicle defects (3)
- motorcycle accident attorneys (1)
- motorcycle accident lawyers (2)
- Motorcycle Accidents (4)
- Pedestrian Accident (6)
- Product Liability (3)
- Reckless Driving (9)
- reckless driving attorneys (2)
- reckless driving lawyers (2)
- rollover accident attorneys (2)
- rollover accident lawyers (1)
- Sheboygan auto defect attorneys (3)
- Sheboygan auto defect lawyers (1)
- Sheboygan bus accident lawyer (10)
- sheboygan car accident attorney (91)
- Sheboygan car accident lawyer (97)
- Sheboygan drunk driving accident attorneys (5)
- Sheboygan drunk driving accident lawyers (5)
- Sheboygan drunk driving victim attorney (2)
- Sheboygan insurance claims attorneys (1)
- Sheboygan insurance claims lawyers (1)
- Sheboygan motorcycle accident attorneys (3)
- Sheboygan motorcycle accident lawyers (2)
- Sheboygan pedestrian accident attorneys (2)
- Sheboygan pedestrian accident lawyers (3)
- sheboygan personal injury lawyer (5)
- Sheboygan reckless driving attorneys (6)
- Sheboygan reckless driving lawyers (7)
- Sheboygan rollover accident attorneys (1)
- Sheboygan rollover accident lawyer (13)
- Speeding Accidents (2)
- Truck / 18 Wheeler Accidents (3)
- Uncategorized (1)
- Wrongful Death (11)