Today, Wisconsin’s Department of Transportation released a warning for drivers: watch out for deer.
While most motorists know to be vigilant in the fall, June actually ranks as either the worst or second-worst month for deer-related incidents. After vehicle-to-vehicle and vehicle-to-fixed object crashes, vehicle-to-deer crashes are the third most common type of collision in the state of Wisconsin.
The law enforcement community has released some statistics and safety tips for drivers. According to their numbers, 16,338 collisions occurred between deer and motor vehicles in 2009 alone in Wisconsin. By county, Dane County saw 873 incidents, being the most in the state. In Shawano County, which accounts for the third-most deer accidents per county, 648 deer-related accidents make up more than half of the total traffic accidents.
The police wanted to especially warn motorcyclists, as deer-to-vehicle collisions can be fatal for riders more so than car or truck drivers.
While several safety tips have been released for motorists to keep safe, in particular, the police asked for people to be especially careful in the early morning and evenings, as deer are most active during these times. Also, they asked motorists to slow down and honk their horn in one continuous blast if they should see a near the road in order to scare the animal away from the road.
If you or someone you love has been injured in a car accident, contact the Sheboygan car accident lawyers of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ®, by calling 800-242-2874 to discuss your claim today.
- Auto Accidents (14)
- auto defect lawyers (1)
- Auto defects (19)
- Car Accident (6)
- car accident attorneys (5)
- car accident lawyers (5)
- driving in heavy traffic (1)
- Drunk Driving Accident (15)
- DUI (2)
- motor vehicle defects (3)
- motorcycle accident attorneys (1)
- motorcycle accident lawyers (2)
- Motorcycle Accidents (4)
- Pedestrian Accident (6)
- Product Liability (3)
- Reckless Driving (9)
- reckless driving attorneys (2)
- reckless driving lawyers (2)
- rollover accident attorneys (2)
- rollover accident lawyers (1)
- Sheboygan auto defect attorneys (3)
- Sheboygan auto defect lawyers (1)
- Sheboygan bus accident lawyer (10)
- sheboygan car accident attorney (91)
- Sheboygan car accident lawyer (97)
- Sheboygan drunk driving accident attorneys (5)
- Sheboygan drunk driving accident lawyers (5)
- Sheboygan drunk driving victim attorney (2)
- Sheboygan insurance claims attorneys (1)
- Sheboygan insurance claims lawyers (1)
- Sheboygan motorcycle accident attorneys (3)
- Sheboygan motorcycle accident lawyers (2)
- Sheboygan pedestrian accident attorneys (2)
- Sheboygan pedestrian accident lawyers (3)
- sheboygan personal injury lawyer (5)
- Sheboygan reckless driving attorneys (6)
- Sheboygan reckless driving lawyers (7)
- Sheboygan rollover accident attorneys (1)
- Sheboygan rollover accident lawyer (13)
- Speeding Accidents (2)
- Truck / 18 Wheeler Accidents (3)
- Uncategorized (1)
- Wrongful Death (11)